To help you navigate the rest of the book and see if it looks right for you (or for the friend for whom you are buying it), take a look through the Table of Contents:
The High Road Has Less Traffic: honest advice on the path through love and divorce
Looking Back on it all: The Prologue.
1. Hearing the News: The Pronouncement.
2. Discovering the Midlife Crisis: Just Buy a Red Convertible and Be Done With It!
3. Giving Your Best to Your Spouse: Show Love and Respect Every Single Day!
4. Taking the High Road: It is ALL About the Best Interests of Your Children.
5 . Getting the Word Out: Why is Telling Mom So Tough?
6 . Telling the Kids: The Most Difficult Thing You Will Ever Have to Do.
7 . Putting Your Plan Together: Things to Think About.
8 . Figuring it Out: “Social Networking” Has a Whole New Meaning.
9 . Interpreting the Signs: Should I be Worried?
10. Leaning on Your Support Network: Friends and Many Others!
11. Managing Your Vices: Skinny and Sad, or Fat and Happy?
12. Using the “F Word: The Power of Forgiveness.
13. Partnering with an Attorney: You Can’t Do This on Your Own.
14. Celebrating 40: Will I Ever Have Sex Again?
15. Being There for Your Friends: It’s a Two-Way Street.
16. Taking Pride in New Accomplishments: I Conquered the Grill!
17. Spending Time Alone: Learn to Relish and Recharge.
18. Saying Thank You: You’re at 100%.
19. Becoming Friends: We’ll be Like Bruce and Demi.
20. Moving Forward: Imagine the Possibilities.
21. Enjoying God’s Sense of Humor: A Date, Seriously?
22. Introducing “Friends” to your Kids: Laying the Proper Foundation.
23. Looking Back on it All: The Epilogue.
24. My Final Bottom Line.